Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday... on Monday.

I'm noticing a pattern here... I post "Thankful Thursday" on time (on the weeks that I get to it) about... every other week.
Anyway, Tori and I went up to our Grandparents to spend the night last Thursday, so "Thankful Thursday" is now "Thankful Monday" :).
So, this week I am thankful for...
~Time with family.
~Mushrooms (Aunt Amber's love for them is rubbing off on me... I had fun getting pictures of the different kinds we saw while we walked the trails at Musgrove with her. Anyone interested in seeing them?).
~Strange tree shapes- I got a lot of pictures of these over the last few days, too. Everybody watch out for a whole lot of posts on nature pictures I've taken over the last few days ;)...
~Flowers and small waterfalls.
~Camera cards that hold a lot of pictures... we need them! On our visit to our Grandparents, Tori and I together took over a 150 pictures, although only about 103 were good ones, haha...
~Historical sights,
~Especially Revolutionary war sights this week :)... Tori and I  went to one with our Grandparents on Thursday, and then to one on Saturday with the rest of the family.
~Learning with family.
~Walking beautiful nature trails.
~Four-player chess... That was one of the funnest games I have ever played at my Grandparents, just because it was such a strange experience,haha. But I can assure you that two of the four of us that played it will NOT be playing it again, heehee. Maybe I just liked it because I won (I had to sneak that in here, heeheehee. I wonder who will be the first to say that since two of the other players quit it wasn't as big an accomplishment as it sounds?)? No, really, it is hilarious for the four of us to try to figure a game out at nine o'clock at night, haha...
~Crafting with my sister and Aunt Tessa.
~Learning new crafting tricks.
~A friend who has offered to give me violin lessons. (I'll tell you if I ever acquire any music skills ;)...).
~Bookmarks...
~Mondays :)...
~Which bring muffins,
~Chores,
~Schoolwork,
~Laughter,
~Love,
~Bible reading,
~Smiles,
~And all the other little things that make up a day :)...

For other news, stay tuned! Over the next week I will try to post pictures from our "hikes" of flowers, mushrooms, trees, water, and a few of the Star Fort in Ninety-Six...
Post one that I have been working on for a while (about our trip to the Titanic exhibit at our state museum a couple *months* ago :P...).
And I think it is far time I posted pictures of all these sweet little people who are growing sooo fast, along with just a few bits of news that hasn't fit into the last couple "Thankful Thursdays".
And I really think there was something else, too... but I don't remember what now... If I remember, you'll see it... if I don't... at last you don't know what it was to look for it, haha...

"I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."
 Psalm 9:2

2 comments:

Aunt Tessa said...

We had a lot of fun playing chess, didn't we? I just wish everyone was feeling better. Tori was sick that night, and by the time we got home from dropping you both off, I was feeling really bad myself.
Oh, and I wish I had read these posts and commented in the opposite direction, because I just confessed that I'm the one that lost to you in my last comment...Oops!
I can't wait to hear about your visit to Star Fort!

Unknown said...

sorry for not getting to these sooner, as you can see I was answering your last batch of comments in smaller batches, and I kind of forgot for a little bit :)...
We did! Tori was much better the next day, but I'm sorry you ended up seeming to get what-ever-it-was :(!
Haha ;). Sorry!
I'm working on it, but now I can't find the pictures, so we'll see :)...