Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Go to the ant

You know that verse in the bible? In Proverbs? The one about the ant?

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest."
~Proverbs 6:6-8 

Everybody knows at least the first of these three verses. And I bet everybody has spoken them at least once in their life ;). But do we really know how hard and well the ants work together? 
Tori was mowing yesterday, and I was walking beside her (the weed-eater had stopped working on me, and Daddy was helping Andrew get ant-free after an unfortunate instance with another ant hill, so he had me check on Tori until he could get the weed-eater into action again.). Tori accidentally ran over another ant hill , right after she turned around in the back. The ants, of course, poured out, ready to defend their home and repair it. Tori went across the yard, back to front, and back to the back again. When she was turning to make it back to the front again, I stopped to make sure that I remembered where the ant colony was, so I could show Daddy later, and you couldn't tell that the ants had been disturbed at all! The ants had calmed down, repaired most of the damage, and went back to their regular tasks in such a short amount of time! It shows just what hard workers those little ants are, and, even better, how well they work as a team! Tori couldn't have taken more then two minutes, and she did ran over them fairly good! I thought it was really neat :).

2 comments:

Aunt Tessa said...

I can't see one of these amazing little creatures without thinking of that verse...which is why, if I find them in the house/school, they get carried out rather than squished.

Unknown said...

Haha :)! I love to watch them, but I'm sorry, if they are eating up Andrew... I don't hurt them without that kind of reason, though ;).