Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Homemade stationary

This is the old promised "stationary" post. I was going to tell about how I love drawing on computer paper to make a one-of-a-kind piece of stationary when I write letters. And that, thanks to some inspiration from a letter that my Aunt Tessa sent my little sister, I had started creating envelopes to match. But, after I sat down to write this post, I kind of couldn't think of what to say. I have a few favorite designs to use, but I'm always changing then in some way or another, haha :). But, I think I'll still share a few things, as there may be some of you who could take these ideas and build onto them.
For my paper, I like doing designs like these;

Flowers and wooden frame.

(This is one of my favorites for smaller cards/paper.)

 Flower vines.

Envelopes are fun to decorate, also. I will usually do something on the front, and something on the back flap.

 Envelopes to go with the papers above.

 The front of the envelopes. (I did try to flip this, but it isn't 
that the picture needs flipped. No matter how I flip it,
 it loads like this on blogger... grrr... oh well.)


I read about this in a really neat book, "Training Our Daughters to be Keepers at Home" by Mrs. Craig (Ann) Ward: You take scalloped scissors to cut out a card, and then you take a needle and a piece of Styrofoam (place the card front on the Styrofoam), and pierce the card front for a neat design. I thought that was so neat!!! I haven't tried it yet, but I will!


I love making cards, too, but I don't have as much to say about them (I make way less of them, even though I would love to make more than I do.). But if you are just sending a little card, about 4x3 inches, a dogwood centered on it is both gorgeous and easy. And two or three coordinating papers can make cute designs. I like to save lace, tatting thread, ribbons, and lace from my crafting to use on cards (and little tatted items are great on them, too!). I use buttons at times, also. Scrapbook paper is great to use for cards so that they have an attractive background.
Dried flowers are another thing that I use all the time. I LOVE drying flowers :)! There are many ways to dry the flowers and then use them, but the pressed version pictured above is my favorite! Anyway, I just thought I would share a bit about that, as it is something I enjoy. But for something that would be more helpful... well, this post by Miss Tammy was good :).

No comments: