Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Before You Meet Prince Charming" by Sarah Mally

This was a great book on the subject of purity!
In between bits of a story about a princess waiting in the Lord for her "Prince Charming", Miss Sarah Mally encourages young ladies to live for the Lord, trusting him to direct your path- even if this means that he never brings you to marriage.
In each chapter she includes a "suggested scripture memorization", and a "suggested assignment". I'll admit that I read the book too quickly to go into much detail with the assignments while I read the book :(, but I did work on the scripture memorization, and am now working through the assignments, which has (so far as I have done it) been great- I think you could really take a week with each assignment if you do each of the things you find to study that stem off of each thing :)!
There are also many testimonies in the book from young ladies in all sorts of situations.
All in all, I thought it was a really good book on the subject (almost as good as "It's (Not That) Complicated". That was the best book I have read so far about living only for Christ, even in the area of marriage/dreams/etc....). I do think this would be more suited for younger girls then "It's (Not That) Complicated, just because it is written in an easier to follow manner. Miss Sarah encourages girls to fall in love with God, allow her parents to know and guide her, to use your single years wisely, and much more :)!
Miss Sarah Mally is one of the Authors of "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends", which she wrote with her brother and sister as a sibling project :).

No comments: