Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Some more news...

I know, most of my posts are meaningless right now, without a really "theme". Once life slows down a bit, I have several posts in mind. Like a post of all the cute pictures of Abbi and Emmi reading together the past two days... like a post of all the crafting I've been doing lately... like the story of Abbi and her flowers... but that will have to wait. We have been so busy lately, and will be so busy the rest of the week, but I'm hoping next week to catch up on all the posts I have wanted to do the past few days :).
(For a good idea of how busy we are today, look at our plans: We're hoping to make twelve loaves of bread (today I reached a goal I have aimed for for about a year: I can now mix up bread to the point where the mixer does the rest of the work, without leaving a mess behind me, in five minutes!!!), four batches of granola (that is over thirty-five cups of granola!), clean up the car, and catch up on laundry!)
Last Saturday we went to the fair (I didn't get pictures, because it was a surprise). While there, I met a GROUP of tatters!!! The Palmetto Tatters were there giving demonstrations (I learned how to do split rings while we were there!) It was so neat, because I have never met ANYBODY who knew how to tat, although most of my friends want to. I never met my Great-Great- Grandmother, who did tat, so this was a first time event :). It was so fun :)!!!
I'll try to come back with a real post soon :)...

2 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like fun! Our fair didn't have any tatting displays this year.

I can make bread, but not that fast... I'm working towards that goal, however!!

Looking forward to other posts...

Unknown said...

Oh, that's too bad... I had so much fun looking at all the different tatted designs at our fair!
It took awhile, but about fifteen minutes a week for twelve loaves of bread seems pretty good to me! (We make four loaves at a time.)
We got more done yesterday than we thought we would, so I'm going to try to get one really funny one up today. But, It is one I wasn't planning on, so, you still have some to look forward to! I will try to get them up soon!