Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

The day of the surprise :)!

On the second day of our trip, we woke up and got everybody ready to go walk the squares in Savannah! We love doing this, we've done it each time we have been there (three times now)...

I'll admit, I take pictures in the car just about every time 
we go somewhere with my camera. I'm not even sure why,
it's just something I do almost every time... I don't
even really care if their "posed"- I like seeing what I get!

I thought it was funny that Abbi and Tori sit
beside each other in the car,
and they both had that tilted head, goofy look...

And then Andrew and Bethi share a row...

and they both had this look on their face!

Emmi sits beside me.

For the past several weeks, she has wanted to hold me hand almost constantly in the car. I thought it was cute, but didn't think too much about it until on the trip. Then, as I picked up my tatting on the trip, she started fussing for my hand. It is kind of hard to tat one handed, so I had to put it down to make her happy. I thought she was just jealous of the tatting for taking up all my attention. But later, I was doing nothing at all, and Daddy held out his hand for Mommy to hold, which she took right away (that is a sight that is quite usual in our car, one that I really enjoy seeing :) ). As soon as their hands touched- Emmi was grabbing my hand! It was so cute, she had been watching Mommy and Daddy and trying to imitate them :). It wasn't a fluke, either, because she did the exact same thing at least five more times on our trip :).

I love the sidewalks there... who knew sidewalks
could be pretty?
The shells mixed in make
it so much prettier than what we are used to!


While we were walking the squares, Daddy (head photographer!) told us about finding letters in architecture. He encouraged us to help him find the letters we would need for the favorite Bible term/phrase of each of us who could spell. We had sooo much fun with that :)! I'll have to put up some of the letters that we got soon :).
We stopped for lunch at a gazebo at Whitefield square. We took a quick photo shoot, then we went to river street to stop at the Candy shop, another favorite stop in Savannah. It was kind of disappointing that they were cleaning instead of kneading the taffy, that is really neat to watch! But, we had fun looking around, and we got some taffy to take back with us :).













After that we went back to the hotel, and freshened everybody up. Daddy asked me again if I had any idea what we were doing next. I hated to admit- I had no clue what we would be doing un- usual!
We pulled into a church parking lot, and I still had no idea what we were doing. But then we saw the signs and the bus... the Maxwell family was doing a conference there!
It was so fun, and such a neat surprise :)! Mommy couldn't believe that I hadn't guessed, as I usually get to their blog before she does! It just never crossed my mind that we would go :)!
That night they did two sessions, a concert and a talk by Mr. and Mrs. Maxwell :).





2 comments:

Joy said...

Tori with her new earrings... so pretty!

Aw--how funny what Emmi was doing!

I love the black-and-white photo of your whole family (well, minus your dad).

WOW--you got to go to one of the Maxwell family's conferences!! I've always wanted to go to one of those!! By reading their blog, I knew they were in GA, but we weren't able to go to the conference. (Sad...) Neat!

Unknown said...

I didn't even think about it, but that picture is better than the one I put up to announce her long awaited earrings... oh well...
I thought it was so cute when I found out what she was really doing :)!
Thanks :)! Daddy, Mommy and I find it hard to be in a picture together, haha. One of us always has the camera!
I wish you could have made it, that would have been fun. It was wonderful to meet them, and they were so sweet. The sessions were wonderful, too!