Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our trip: Day one in pictures

Are you ready :)?...
First sight of interest seen on the trip :)... Mommy and Daddy 
were REALLY excited about this one ;)... Notice the word
"Coffee"...


Goofy Tori!

Twizzlers are a trip tradition (I'm not sure
how this one got started, sorry :). I
should really ask, I guess. I'm
sure that it is interesting...)

Update: Tori went to ask Mommy...
and came back with the answer "She said, 'You
know, I'm really not sure...'" Haha :).

Abbi called them twisters, heehee!

Emmi's first "Twister", she loved it!

Tori in an exciting discussion about just
how to cross the ocean without a boat, held with Daddy.
Her solution? Own a ostrich with elastic bones. ?!!!!!

Our first true "planned stop". The ocean!

Sweet Tori :)...

Abbi girl, mischief and all :)!

Andrew loves the ocean- hates bathes!





Picture taken by request. Andrew wanted everybody to
know that he climbed that high!

Heehee :)!!! Love her!

The shells were beautiful!

Love!!!

I love sunsets, especially over water...

We climbed this lighthouse last year...
175 stairs is a lot more than it sounds like!!!!

Poor Emmi was so cold.

Betsy-boo :).

Happy...

And not so happy, heehee!

Back at the hotel... she was so funny!
She thought that everything was so hilarious,
which she was herself!

Should I put the pictures with the text next post, or keep doing them split ;)?....

4 comments:

Joy said...

"Own a ostrich with elastic bones"... haha! :)

It all looks like so much fun! We have our own road trip food... Skittles. The trick is, each member of our family only gets to eat one color--Mom is green, Dad is red, I'm yellow, and so on. :)

The beach is so beautiful. We haven't been in a few years, but it was always fun. And Abbi and Emmi are so cute! You and your sisters all look a lot alike. :)

Oh, and I think it's be neat to have the pictures and text together--but whatever you think! :)

Unknown said...

Tori is so fun to listen to! She knows that she can make us laugh by just sounding serious when she's not, too... :).
That Skittles idea is so fun! If we ate skittles more often, that would be a neat thing to start!
It is fun, we just love it :). It is always o beautiful,but this year it was also cold :)!
Thank you :)! I think we do look quite a bit alike, but we do have our differences, too. If you look, we all do look a lot alike, but Tori, Andrew, and Emmi look even closer to each other than to the rest of us, and Bethi and Abbi could have been twins! I, on the other hand, am still waiting for a buddy who looks that smidgen more like me than others :).
If you think that would be more enjoyable, I'll try it! I was jut worried about how REALLY long that was going to make it :)...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bri! I finally got to spend a little time on your blog today! I really enjoyed all of the pictures of the trip! I wish I had been there to hear about the ostrich with elastic bones!
I bet your mom forgot that Twizzlers were always a staple on our road trips too. Actually, they still are! Your grandma always makes sure your grandpa has a bag of it. Grandpa loves Twizzlers. I always liked to choose Skittles for my treat. The purple ones were my favorite!:o) Can’t eat ‘em anymore, though. Their full of corn.
I do have a special memory about Twizzlers; when I was three and it was my turn for a daddy/daughter special day. We went to a park/zoo in Alexandria, Louisiana. We got Twizzlers and icees, but the guy forgot to give us straws. We didn’t notice until we were already sitting on a bench, ready to enjoy them and the guy was already waiting on the next customers. Your grandpa said, “Oh, that’s okay. Watch this!” Then he bent a Twizzler in half, held it up to my mouth and said bite it. I bit both ends off, then he stuck it in my icee to use as a straw. Then he did the same thing for himself. I thought that was pretty neat and resourceful of him…not that I knew what resourcefulness what at the age of three, but I knew it was cool.:o) I’m pretty sure that something has changed with Twizzlers since then because I don’t think much could come up through it now. But tons of things have changed since then, so I’m sure it’s only natural that has changed too!:o)
Thanks for posting! Tell everyone I love them! Love you too!
Aunt Tessa:o)

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt Tessa :)!
I had so much fun with taking the pictures... While listening to the ostrich with elastic bones conversation... It was so fun!!!
Oh, is that were it started? I'll have to ask if she still remembers ;)!
Tell Grandpa that Emmi got her tastes from him then ;)! She LOVED those Twizzlers! I'm sorry you can't have the Skittles anymore, hopefully that will change again soon!
That was a great idea! I agree you probably couldn't do it now, but that was a great idea :)!!!
Your welcome, I really enjoy the posting, and knowing that other people enjoy the posts is fun, too :). I'll try to get the rest of our trip posted soon, tomorrow hopefully. I'm not sure I'll have time today, I think we're going somewhere, although it isn't fully decided yet.
I love you, too!!!
Bri