Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Eleven weeks until Christmas?!

Oh, yes. We have just over eleven weeks until Christmas, by both the calendar and Red Heart's
" The 12 Weeks of Christmas" pattern fun. It is hard to believe that it is this late in the year!!! But it is. I know, because Mommy and Daddy both wanted pumpkin muffins last week because it was "fall" (down here in South Carolina? We have to just say it is fall on September 21st, or we would never get any fall!)
I started Christmas presents today. I always start what seems super early, and finish just on time :)... I did start a little earlier this year than I have before, because I have some projects that I want to get done that are not Christmas presents, too, this year before Christmas. Right now, since I don't have the yarn needed for those projects, I'm going to try to be redeeming the time, until I can get to A. C. Moore, by working on this Tic- Tac- Toe board I plan on making for Abbi. I got a bit completed on it today, and have really been enjoying it. Sometimes I won't feel like crafting, and will go weeks (or months...) without doing something, but then I start a project that I actually have to get done- and fall in love with crafting all over again! I know, I'm weird...
For a bit of other news, we had a wonderful time visiting with our Aunts earlier today (thank you so much for coming over Aunt Tessa and Aunt Amber!!! We LOVED it!!!)!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Haha, I've already started my Christmas presents, too! Well, I've only begun on one thing (doll dress for Katie), but I've thought about other things to make. :)

Unknown said...

I've only started the game board, but I have everyone's presents thought out :). I also want to do a knit cornucopia and a crocheted manger scene, also, before Christmas. I'm glad I'm enjoying all this crafting right now!!!

Tessa said...

Awww...We had so much fun visiting with you too! Thank you for having us!:o) Can't wait to see your next projects!

Unknown said...

We were glad that you could make it!!! Hopefully we see you again soon. Abbi is still talking about "seeing the giraffe" with you all :)!
I'll try to get pictures up sometime next week, I should be done with this batch by then... Then I'll have to start more :)!