Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Things of Spring....

The sun shines down, as one of Peter's little hands clings to me, the other clutching a plastic shovel. His tiny feet work so hard to walk for the first time in the grass with shoes on. A car drives slowly by, and I wonder if they may have been looking into our house. I can tell Daddy is wondering, too, and he asks me to shut the garage door. Peter and I then continue our trip around the yard, again, and again, and again. Daddy instructs Tori on how to plant her herbs. A butterfly lazily glides by us. Peter bends down to dig at the grass. I love how he gets so into all this "gardening stuff". I can hear the rest of my family laughing together at the garden beds. Emmi trots across the yard, and I smile to hear her little sigh, as she gives a look that only Emmi can. She comes to me and tells me "Today was such a good day for you to find a worm." She squeezes my neck, and I squeeze her back. She goes off to "help weed" again, and Peter decides that the grass looks fun to eat. Before he can put his plan to action, I stand him back up, and we start walking slowly back to the rest of the family, his hand still gripping mine. By the end of this day, as we do a family project once again, we will have planted a garden, enjoyed each other, learned some things, and laughed together often. All these things come from the hand of God. And I am truly blessed.

No comments: