Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday, week 54

Thursday is here again! It seems like it can't have been a whole week yet, but I have been eager to write this since last Friday- it's one of my favorite blog "chores" :)! This week I am thankful for...
~Daddy's longer-than-usual visit home this weekend :)!
~That God is in control of this situation, today  and everyday.
~Coffee. Caffeine is good for your memory! I am sticking with my joke that this is the reason that I am finding Romans easier to memorize than some other passages have been for me in the past- while Katie and I were reading through Romans together, I would often sip some coffee while I read ;).  (Gives me a good excuse for drinking it ;).)
~Speaking of which... I am thankful that Katie and I decided to go ahead and memorize Romans 1-7 while it was still fresh in our minds- I am enjoying it immensely!
~This "last week" with a little baby in the house... Peter's birthday is next Wednesday...
~And he is now graduating into being our walking toddler, with many instances of five+ steps in a row under his belt... bittersweet milestones, sniff, sniff :)...
~Visits with friends, who we hadn't seen for two years (they moved back here last October). We had such a blessed time with them, and some of you may like to know...
~... that this is the family that many of you joined us in prayer for two years ago, right after they moved... and that the Lord is continuing to heal Miss Rhonda further than the doctors ever thought possible!!!
~Millefori (that word isn't even in my spell check, haha!) beads- Tori is awesome ;). They are beautiful clay beads... I'll have to post a picture when she is finished :).
~Another work day in the yard that now looks much better :).
~Little plants coming up in the garden we planted last Saturday (Bethi's peas were up by Monday!) :).
~Lots of yarn to use over the next... several years ;).
~Cleaners.
~Rags.
~That it looks like I might have officially mastered tatted split rings, INCLUDING ones with picots, which were proving more difficult than plain rings!
~Gentle rain...
~...coupled with bright sun. I love that combination almost as much as heavy rain and a thunderstorm :).
~Azalea plants.
~Encouragement to keep recording my blessings.
~Animal crackers... Emmi LOVES the song "Animal Crackers in My Soup", so it was fun to give her some for the first time the other day :).
~To-do lists (is that odd? I love marking stuff off, haha! Bethi is even more list minded than I am, though, and I used to think that I was pretty hard to beat ;).)
~The smell of supper drifting through the house, the sound of little ones playing, and a houseful of loved ones :)... I'm going to go help clean up the kitchen a bit before supper now, with some of the blessings God has graciously  given me to be thankful for!...
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
O righteous, and shout for joy,
all you upright in heart!
                                ~Psalms 32:11

No comments: