Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tatted bookmarks: Hearts

I created this pattern late last year, during our trip to VA. After you've become comfortable with tatting and have made a few these should take about twenty minutes to make. I hope you enjoy! On a side note, I tat using a shuttle, so I'm not sure that these instructions can be used in needle tatting.


 Heart bookmark:

This pattern uses consecutive rings:
  1. Wind tatting shuttle with color of choice.
  2. First ring (right side): 2-1-1-1-1--1-1-2
  3. Second ring (left side): 2-1-1--1-1-1-1-2
  4. Third ring (bottom): 2-1-1-1--1-1-1-2
  5. Leave approx. five inches (more or less as desired :)) of uts.
  6. End ring: 5-5-5-5. Close ring. 

Tatting abbreviations: (-) equals picot
(--) equals long picot
(numbers, (8, 5, and 1)) equals number of double stitches to tat.
uts equals un-worked thread space

I hope you enjoy! :)

-

No comments: