Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday, week 53

This week has been wonderful, and difficult. On the one hand, it has been full of blessings. On the other, I have struggled with contentment, and I think that is why the little "troubles" seem bigger than I know that they really are...
But I have truly been greatly blessed this week, and I am so grateful that I have a set time to remember this, as otherwise I am sure that I would not take the time to sit down and count my blessings frequently, or when I  need it most!
But this week I am thankful for...
~Our trip to the park the other day.
~Homemade stevia lemonade.
~Hide'n'seek.
~The brownies Bethi blessed us with on our "fun day" last week.
~Meals made ahead of time.
~Homemade cranberry granola bars... just as good as chocolate granola bars!
~That people are coming to look at our house frequently! (Still no news, though, before you ask, K. ;).)
~Clean towels.
~A water filter/
~Frogs.
~"The King's Blooming Rose" magazine.
Having my best friends always with me :). 
~That my friend and I will be joining in studying Romans 9-16! Greatly looking forward to that, as Romans 1-8 was such a joy :).
~That I have math to do.
~That I have time to craft.
~That I can try again even if I don't get something right the first time.
~That I got several thing marked off my to-do list this past week.
~Tori's suggestion to go into the woods yesterday.
~To gather flowers- to dry :)!
~The history behind hymns and their authors.
~That Peter crawls over and snuggles me during bible time if we are on the floor :)...
~And, last because it happened right before I started this, but certainly not least.... that Daddy's car is sitting ion the driveway- that can only mean one thing, even if he wasn't "supposed" to come until eleven o'clock Friday ;) :)!!!!

O joy that seekest me through pain, 
I  can not close my heart to thee,
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain,
that morn shall tearless be.
                                 ~George Matheson

Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; 
make melody to our God upon the lyre!
                                                  ~Psalms 147:7

No comments: