Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

On the dangers of trying to be brilliant at seven in the morning... (Part one)

The following is the true story of a night owl who thought that she could convert to a early bird over night on a whim, and the odd mishaps she ran into while running on a night owl's autopilot on an early bird's schedule. That night owl hopes she can give you some laughs, and warns you that you are now warned if you ever take anything like this into your heads...

I think I have to be the best person in the world at deciding to do something productive and making a bigger mess then we were in in the first place, haha...
Saturday night (the 30th), I asked Mommy what she wanted for breakfast. She mentioned multiple items... items that take hours from start to finish, haha. It was a holiday, so we would usually do something special, but we had been out earlier in the day, and we hadn't had time to start anything. We didn't have marshmallows, and besides, we had already done our Resurrection buns that Monday, with Daddy.
We decided to just go to bed, with suspicions that we would end up going to get something that morning, as we couldn't come up with anything that we would have time to make that would be special. Well, unless we got up at 7:00 and baked. Who would be that crazy on a holiday, huh? 
Me. I'm known for being an over achiever, and that isn't always a good thing. But, I figured, it couldn't hurt to set my alarm for seven. I'll wake up if I've had enough sleep, and if I haven't... well, I won't even hear it, so it won't disturb me. It's a fact that I have had proven to me time and again (I usually do wake up when one of the little ones in the room cry, but I am also becoming known as the big sister who talks in her sleep when somebody wakes up at five and comes to ask me a question that just needs a yes or no- without knowing it! Andrew told me a bit of my life that I didn't know about the other day, hahaha!).
Anyway, so I had doubts I would get up, but, "just in case", I set my phone's alarms for 7:15, 7:16, and 7:18. Heeheehee. I woke up the next morning at 7:16, positive that I could hear movement in the kitchen.
As the only time we have ever had anyone attempt to break in our house was a Sunday morning at about seven a couple years ago (I woke up to what sounded like hammering, which stopped when my alarm went off, and later that morning we found that one of our window screens was cut, while another looked like it had been shoved upwards.), when I thought that I heard noise in the kitchen at seven, I was just a bit concerned.
Okay... more than a bit. I stayed in bed and debated. Was my mind tricking me into thinking that just the simple creaking of our house from the wind was a person, again, like it had so many other times, or was there really somebody? Should I go check? And if I did and there really was somebody, should I call Mommy, 911, or hit them with a frying pan, first? (Okay, so we watched "Bubble Trouble" (which I love, by the way...) the other day, what's your point? Well, the frying pan line might sound just a bit stupid...) Yes, most of that went through my mind in two seconds flat. (All but the frying pan line. I added that for fun ;).)
I decided to listen some more, and came no closer to figuring out whether the sounds were "sounds" or "sounds". Until about 7:30. That is when I saw, in the dim light of my room at daybreak, a small, black object slinking across my bed.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I know you did NOT just leave that there!!!!
Lol -- can't wait to read the rest. And I love how you set the alarm -- I just set mine for 4:50 / 5:00 / 5:15 -and 5:30
I have to be a work at 6:00
I used to sleep thru 2 alarms when your dad was at home - he was about as bad!! Luv u

Unknown said...

I think I did... I thought I did. I'm pretty sure I did. Didn't I?!!! Ya, I did. I'm having fun with this series ;). Just be glad that you know we obviously made it out alive, since I'm writing this, or I could have a whole lot more fun ;)....
Daddy is worse now, heeheehee ;). At least he was last time he was home when he had to leave for work... do you know how long that has been? Lol! But he used to set it early on purpose so it would beep several times ;). I just set mine so that another alarm goes off every sixty seconds- once you jump that many times, you are awake ;).