Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reading the same passage of scripture for 50 days

I hadn't thought of this before, but I am really excited about it!
Miss Grace Mally posted this on her blog- The Romans Challenge- and I am excited about it :). I love having a reading plan, and when I saw this, I decided to join for several reasons :).
I was looking for another longer bible reading plan, as I have been wanting to spend more time in the word.
I think that reading the passage of Romans 1-8 will be wonderful in that I hope that these truth-filled verses will become a bigger part of my life.
I am also hoping that reading it many times will help me memorize it ;).
And, I would like to write down the whole first eight chapters in a note book during these fifty days. I think it would be a wonderful keepsake! I have actually wanted to write out large portions of scripture for about a year (partly in hopes that it would help me memorize, haha...), but I haven't gotten far at all. I think doing it over a period of several weeks will be much better than trying to do it all at once, as I had been trying to do.
Anyway, just really excited about it! Does anybody else think that they would like to try this :)?! I have asked friends to join me in reading through the bible a few times, and it has been an extreme blessing to me! (Not to mention that when somebody you really know asks you "Where are you at with your bible reading", and they know where you are suppose to be, at random times, it can help you stay on track, heehee...)... if you would like to join, I would love to hear from you!

No comments: