Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Do you have any funnies to share?!

I just have to laugh at the thought I just had of how odd we must sound at times while talking to a little one...
In the kitchen just now you could have heard me tell Abbi "Yes, I will use girl bread for your girl sandwich. No, I will be sure Andrew is the only one to get a boy sandwich..."
As a bit of an explanation to this otherwise senseless conversation, Andrew thought that we were saying "girl" every time we said "grilled" sandwich for the first three years of his life, and it stuck ;). And, since a boy can not eat "girl sandwiches", we started making "boy sandwiches", too. And, yes, by the way, "boy sandwiches" stuck too ;).
I'd love to hear any stories you may have of how little ones have influenced your speech :)! Come on, it will be fun1

No comments: