Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

This week, I've been thankful for...
~The example of people before us that loved their Lord, and that God lead others to document their lives (I'm reading "The Titanic's Last Hero", by Moody Adams, about- guess who ;)- John Harper.)
~The flight of dragonflies.
~Lawn mowers.
~Weed-eaters.
~A garden full of color from snapdragons, Crape Myrtles, Dusty Millers, roses, and other flowers. (Can you tell we've been doing yard work the passed few days ;)?)
~Prayer.
~Being able to glean ideas from others crafting. (This was really pretty from what I could tell. But, I dislike big pieces of jewelry, and I NEVER wear dangling earrings (there is always a child in the stage of pulling anything that sparkles in this house (of which I am extremely thankful, I might add!), and I have a phobia of anyone trying to mess with even the little earrings which I deem much harder to yank (you can ask my Mother. I had forgot that aspect when I had my ears re-pierced last year. Thankfully, so far it hasn't been an issue!). But, I'm wondering if it might work to make some little magnets that my Aunts have made in the past using these marbles (that I've been thinking of trying my hand at for years)?)
~Everybody, especially Peter, feeling much better than they did last week/early this week!
But, on the flip side, I'm really, really sorry that Peter felt so bad... but why are they at there snugly-est, squishy-est, and hugging-est when they're sick? I love those snuggles, I wish they didn't have to be sick for them!!!
~Little frogs.
~A Daddy that loves to serve and lead his family. (Thank you for the wonderful pancake breakfast this morning, Daddy!)
~Rags.
~Window cleaner.
~And clean windows.
~Little sisters and brothers who love to be with me, cleaning, playing, singing, reading :)!
~A baby's fluffy head :). Peter still lives with bedhead hair ;).
~Monopoly (Bethi and I are planning a game after she's done with the math lesson she's finishing up. I'll tell you if we're able to work it out so that everybody has a game piece once the rest of the family sees it out ;). We have two Candy land boards for this purpose, but that is the only board game that we've doubled up so far. We are a bit better with card games :).)
~Getting to see Abbi turning into such a big girl. She has taken her role as a four year old quite seriously! She has been a big help lately without even being asked. She was so proud of herself when she cleaned the living room up all by herself the other day!
~Hearing Emmi call Peter her "big brother". Hey, it's cute! And at least it isn't "big sister" anymore! I think Peter will live even if she thinks he's older than her ;).
~Hymns playing.
~And watching Peter try to figure out how the CD player works :)!

"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have being."
~Psalm 104:33

2 comments:

Aunt Tessa said...

How did your game go?
Thanks for posting that link to happybirdcrafting's blog! I haven't been on her blog for a while...or any blog for that matter. I want to show Amber, because I think she'll love them!
I had SO much fun making those magnets! You can spell peoples names, etc. Or you can hunt out miniature pictures in magazines. In fact, I have some tiny calendar pages that would have some really great miniature pictures for you to use. I'll get them out for you.

Unknown said...

We didn't get to it that day (plans got change by the time her math was done!), but we enjoyed it when we got to it a few days later :). It took two days :), but it was fun, and with Emmi teamed with me and Bethi, Andrew, and Abbi playing, it worked out great :).
I think she will :). I'm glad you found that helpful!
That is a great idea (spelling people's names)!
I would enjoy that, thank you!
Love you lots and looking forward to seeing you! (And I've got a craft idea for sometime when we meet up around Christmas, we'll have to talk about it next time we see you! )
Love,
Bri