Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Thankful... monday...

This week I'm thankful for....
~My wonderful family!
~Cardinal flowers.
~Antique tatting shuttles :)! I saw a tatting shuttle last year while Mommy and I were out antiquing. But, I decided not to pay 25 dollars for something that didn't tell how old it was. Now I'm glad I didn't, because this year Daddy and I found one that was under 13 dollars, and it has the date it was made engraved on it, so there can be no mistaking it- it is 89 years old! How neat is that :)?!
~A Father who will offer to take you antiquing for your birthday, because he knows how much you enjoy it, even though he likes to pick on us that it is an odd thing to like ;).
 ~Oh, and for the fact that he fixed our sewing machine earlier today! We can now thread bobbins on it with no trouble!!! (I thought that metal piece was suppose to be bent... it came that way!!!)
And Mommy figured out that the overcasting foot is broken, but since her's fits our machine, sewing tomorrow should be sooo much easier than it was today! Especially since we have gotten rid of all sleeves with printing from the selvedge edge on them... oy... yes, my mistake... from months ago... and I didn't even notice it until I was half done sewing that sleeve!!! Tori may end up with some pjs this week... of course, on the other hand, we could end up with a royal mess!
But having somebody to sew with you makes it much better... (Love you, Tori!)
~...And some dark chocolate helps ;)...
~Extra violin strings.
~Great children's books to read to sweet little people :).
~Hearing Emmi call Peter her *little brother*! Yes, she's starting to learn ;). Slowly, albeit. But, she is!
~The fact that I am feeling much better than I was for a couple days last week,
~...and that nobody else caught it!
~Art brushes.
~Letters to write.
~The smell of bread in the oven (Thank you, Tori, for making the bread the last few times! You have done a wonderful job!!!)
~New books (four Elsie Dinsmore books to be read. How long do you think they'll last me?).
~Hearing/watching a ten, seven, and four year old playing the piano/singing to the music together. And, although it has been sweet also, it was not for that factor that it made it in my thankful thoughts tonight... it was for the humor...
~Watching Peter trying to sit up.
~Hearing Andrew read a whole book :)!
~And that Abbi points out "There is A" or "B" or "C" all the time, it excites her so much, it is cute :)!
~Getting a sweet "stinker" note from Andrew ;). Post tomorrow...
~And Daddy's new job! I haven't really mentioned it here much, but Daddy has been needing a new job for the past couple months and we have seen God's hand greatly through the way he has given him this new one :)! It will require a move, which will be kind of hard, of course, but it is really exciting, too!!
Oh, and here's a funny for you: Emmi was talking about herself earlier and said "I Abbi." ...... "Ah! I was wrong!!! I Emmi!"

"Let this be recorded for a generation to come,
so that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord:"
~Psalm 102:18

No comments: