Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Tatted music note bookmark

Like all of my other patterns, this was made using a tatting shuttle, and I have no clue how to tat using a tatting needle ;). This took a whole lot of experimenting, haha, and Daddy eventually helped me after even looking for patterns online failed to work (although this one was great in many ways, in fact, I included many aspects of it into my own pattern, and love the treble clef, I can't wait to try that :)!!!) ;). Then, after it finally worked, I gave it immediately as a gift to a friend, without getting pictures :P! But, I've finally got the pattern written down, another one made, and pictures taken, so, here it is! After I knew what I was doing (and even, for the most part, before :)), it was so much fun :).


Music Note bookmark pattern

Two shuttles 
size ten crochet thread
 1st SR: 6 - 5/6 - 3 - 2
LCh: 1 ds + (to last picot of previous ring) 6 ds
2nd SR: 4/2
3rd SR: 3/3
4th SR: 3/3
5th SR: 3/3
6th SR : 4/2
 LCh: 6 ds, leave picot-sized uts, 1 ds
7th SR: 6 - 5/2+(to uts of last LCh)4-6
Cut off and tie.
Attach thread at 6th SR
Leave approx. five inches (more or less as desired) of uts.
Top ring: 5-5-5-5. Close ring. 

Tatting abbreviations:
(numbers, (8, 5, and 1)) equals number of double stitches to tat.
(-) equals picot
ds equals double stitch
(+) equals join to picot of previous ring
LCh equals lock chain
SR equals split ring
uts equals un-worked thread space 


I promise it isn't as hard as it looks, you just have to know all the steps (particularly lock chains and split rings... ahem....) before you start, and hopefully not have a deadline of twelve hours (which, thankfully, turned into a week, haha!), and really, I think this may have been my favorite pattern so far. I love patterns that have different techniques scattered throughout, although I have nothing against repetition :).

No comments: