Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thankful Sunday...

...and look for a mega post for Thankful Thursday posts for weeks 35-40...  or maybe a bunch of shorter posts, I'm not sure yet...
It's been too long since I posted a Thankful Thursday post! But, I missed a few during Christmas, and then since then I have been trying to "catch up". I've decided to just post this week's, and then work on the several weeks full worth I've got sitting in my drafts :)...
This week I'm thankful for...
~The van that Daddy was able to get to replace the car he has been driving. It served us well, but it officially gave out on him right before he came home for New Year's. So, last Thursday, he went to get a new one. The new van is even the van he has wanted since I was a baby, but could never get... we're not sure why the old van gave out now, but it does have it's blessings :).
~Thrift store finds (although we hope we never take three hours to run in and grab sheets again ;).). We found some really good clothes, including a shirt I love- I love one of my shirts, but between painting, cooking without an apron (...bad habit of mine...) and the fact that I have worn it for the past two years regularly... it looks bad. I found the exact shirt at Goodwill!
~Strawberries.
~Bananas.
~Creativity.
~Candy canes.
~Beautiful colors.
(And what do you get when you add those five things together?...


Some of the cutest, and definitely the healthiest, candy canes you've ever seen :). Idea from Pinterest.)

~Listening to a little one talking about or to the Lord... Abbi prayed the other day "Thank you for this life"... it was soooo sweet!
~Thankful Thursday posts :). They are some of the funnest to write, and I love being able to look back and see the blessings I have been given from week to week! (Exactly 100 posts ago, I also posted a Thankful Thursday post. Isn't that a fun bit of trivia?!)
~The new history books we got for Christmas. They are geared for younger readers, but I'll read any history, and some of the people I had never actually read about, although I knew of them :).
~Video cameras.
~Tori's creativity with clay.
~Free sheet music.
~Having fun watching some hilarious clips the other day. Mommy found some short videos online, that are done in a highly funny way. What would you get if a child told a story and an adult acted it out? Something that looked a lot like one of these... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9CVJr97Yk&list=PLDFD0284A5DA24371
~Peter's little feet... :)

~Gingerbread cake...
~With chocolate frosting.
~The twelve day of Christmas.


~Paint...
~And that we are just about done using it ;).
~Memories, and all that can help us remember them :). (Mommy is going through all that she has saved over the years, and some of it is quite humorous!)

Updated to add...
And one big thing I am very thankful for... but that gets a whole post of it's own :)... Coming soon!

 "Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; 
for his steadfast love endures forever!"
~Psalms 118:1

No comments: