Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas presents stuff

I mentioned that I was using the Turkish knitting cast-on to "convert" a pattern.
I told you all that you would know if I fail, because I wouldn't share it with you ;).
But it worked!
Meet Bullseye from "Toy Story" 2 & 3.
I overheard Andrew in the kitchen a couple months ago musing out loud "I wonder if Bri could knit a Bullseye?!". Well, I was sure going to try. I thought it was too cute to disappoint him :). So, Mommy found me this pattern.
I then changed it up just a tiny smidge. After knitting ten rows on Bullseye's legs, I knit off a stitch off of each needle at the same time (I had five stitches on each needle. I knit off of both needles at once, and was left with five stitches on one needle). I then open the leg back up by using the Turkish cast-on. There you go! Now the leg has that little crease/flap that Bullseye has :). Go on to knit your other ten rows of the leg, and knit his hoof. Since you haven't taken stitches away from the original count, even though you have added some, his legs will also be longer to give it more of a lanky, Bullseye affect :). That is really all the changes I made to the actual knitting!
For the mane and the tail, I took some paper and drew what I thought looked like his mane and tail shape, then cut it out and used it as a pattern to cut out some felt, which I then sewed on.
Here he is (although he can't stand on his own four feet, haha...)!




I shared the pattern for the little pincushion I made for Mommy earlier. I has a little bit of a story to go with it :).

I cut out skirts for Tori, Bethi, Abbi, and Emmi, but didn't have time to actually sew them up :(. The girls are looking forward to helping me, though, so it worked out well :).

Peter did get the stacking toy I linked to last October... most of it anyway. I only have to make the dragonfly ring, haha. Can you tell I should have started earlier than I did this year?! But, despite all that I didn't get done... we got a whole lot more done than I thought possible (like two batches of Christmas cookies for Daddy instead of one, haha... Yes, I completely ruined the first batch...)! We're just going through a season where we're not sure what is around the next bend, and bends are coming close together. But the Lord is obviously using this time, and I'm looking forward to seeing where he takes us!

No comments: