Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

As the sloth...

For Christmas, Daddy and Mommy gave us a set of Moody Science Classic videos.
We watched a couple of them today, "Voice of the Deep" and "Of Books and Sloths."
The science they share is really interesting, and they do a great job explaining why they dispel the "conclusions" that they address. At the end, they also include a lesson with the word of God that ties into their topic. I think they are, on average, close to thirty minutes each.
I especially enjoyed the sloth one... I'll admit, I thought that the little sloth that they used as a model for most of it was cute :). But, they took a quote from a book that stated that the "sloth only needed one more "imperfection" in it's (God created!) form to make it unable to survive". They then carefully went through and showed how the examples used to show this were not true... for one thing, it is obvious that the sloth has teeth ;). And as to having no defenses- being able to look like termite nest in the trees when curled up, and having strong skin, along with thick, wiry hair to protect them, sounds like a defense to me! If you ask me, the sloth is just another special creature that points to the fact that we have a creator!
I pray that I may be used to show others that we do have a creator, just as the sloth does!

No comments: