Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

"You are just my best friend!"

That was what Abbi said to me while Aunt Tessa and I were assisting the little ones in making leaf piles last Saturday. It was one of the cutest things I had heard her say for a long time while talking to me alone :). She said it while she ran at me, grabbed hold, and swung around in excited wildness (a state Abbi gets in a lot ;)!)
But what she said the next day was just too funny when you thought back to this conversation!
Daddy and Mommy had gone to pick up pizza for supper that night. I was left at home babysitting the little ones with Tori's help. I don't even remember what Abbi had done, but she was told that she needed to tell Andrew she was sorry. She said she wouldn't, so, we had a talk about how what she had done was wrong, and the right thing to do was to tell Andrew she was sorry for it. After I was done talking to her, I said again "You need to tell Andrew you are sorry". She looks at me, and says: "You are my best friend- you can't do this to me!" Haha...
I think she is still learning that best friends don't always give you what you want (like telling her she didn't need to tell Andrew she was sorry), they give you what you need (like explaining why you need to say your sorry) :)...
I think she has forgiven me for bringing her faults to light, though ;)...

No comments: