Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm busy

... crocheting! What else do I do now ;)?
I have about half of my Christmas presents done, and I'm now taking a break to work on winter hats. We are going to the zoo tomorrow with my Grandparents and Aunts. We're going to see the lights (our zoo does a "Lights Before Christmas" thing every year), and so, even for South Carolina, it will be quite cold as it will be night. This year I decided to make all the younger ones hats that will go with their coats. Although Abbi's doesn't "match" her coat, as my Aunt Amber says "it goes!" :). I can't wait to hand them out tomorrow. Abbi has already seen a picture of the pattern I used for her hat and asked if she can have "a frog hat like that". I know she will be excited ;)! And then Bethi's, Andrew's, and Emmi's will be a complete surprise to them, but Tori knows she is getting the one she requested- a monkey, haha! She loves monkeys, it is funny :)! Bethi will get a panda bear with a bow to match her coat, Andrew gets a dinosaur hat, and Emmi gets a snowman hat with a scarf tassel.
On a side note... the first post for December fit cold weather... but wait until you see the next post in mind ;)!!! After all, this is South Carolina... There have been summer days that were chilly... and then there have been winter days were the family went shopping and the warning was not "bring your coat", it was "don't touch the door, it feels like it just came out of the oven!!!" Haha...

2 comments:

Joy said...

How neat! I can't wait to hear about the zoo, and I know they'll love their hats! :)

As for the weather here in GA... suffice to say it's cold. (As in, 30-degrees kind of cold!!)

Unknown said...

Everybody enjoyed their hats, although Andrew did mentioned that he would like a green dinosaur next time, I had made it blue. I have enough gray yarn (for the scales) and green yarn from a different project (a stuffed Dino for his Christmas, shhh :)!) for a hat, so... I think I'll try to make him one by the end of the year, slightly bigger so he can wear it next year, too.
Your so lucky... We heard this was going to be a colder, more snowy winter then last year. So fr we haven't seen many cold days! I'm just reminding myself that we usually don't get snow until after Christmas. Probably a good thing, as I have so much crafting to do the fist two months of winter!