Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas is in the air!

Just a few more weeks until Christmas! Everybody is getting into the "Christmas spirit", making presents, decorating, singing Christmas songs and the like, getting ready to celebrate the birth of our wonderful Savior!
We put up our tree last Thursday (we'll decorate it on Thanksgiving) and have mostly gotten decorating the house done. Putting up the tree has been really funny the last few years, because Daddy cut the base of our tree to make it shorter, so that way it looked okay without the bottom row, which was too wide for the tree. The past few years we have forgotten that until we've already started looking for the missing row, haha :). We did better this year, but we still didn't know if we were supposed to start one or two rows up farther than the tree was made for!

Daddy bought this just last week. Isn't it *adorable* :)?!!!

Isn't it wonderful that Jesus came to earth to bring us the Joy of living with him :)?

Once In Royal David's City...

Once in royal David's city, stood a lowly cattle shed,
Where a Mother laid her baby in a manger for his bed;
Mary was that Mother mild, Jesus Christ her little child.

He came down to earth from heaven who is God and Lord of all,
And His shelter was a stable, and His cradle was a stall:
With the poor, and mean, and lowly, lived on earth our Savior holy.

And through all his wondrous childhood he would honor and obey,
Love and watch that lowly maiden in whose gentle arms he lay:
Christian children all must be mild, obedient, good as he.

And our eyes at last shall see him, through his own redeeming love;
For that child so dear and gentle is our Lord in heav'n above,
And he leads his children on, to the place where he is gone.

Not in that poor lowly stable, with the oxen standing by,
We shall see him, but in heaven, set at God''s right hand on high,

When like stars his children crowned all in white shall wait around.
~Cecil Frances Alexander~
(1818-1895)

3 comments:

Joy said...

It's like that here, too. Wow, it really is only a few more weeks! We have a week off of school for Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping to get lots of Christmas presents done. I've already started some scrapbooking! Right now, Katie and Emily are in the room I share with them... I'm not allowed to come in, so they must be working on something, haha! :)

Unknown said...

I know... Just a few more weeks to get all those gifts done, and I had wanted to be done early this year! I'm hoping that Andrew's present will not take more than the week I'm thinking it will... and then I have Mommy's and Abbi's done, Tori's is almost complete, and Daddy's and Bethi's together shouldn't take more than three or four days. Then I have the rest of the time for Emmi's present- I just hope I'm done when I think I should be!!!
Fun! I like scrap booking, but I don't do much.
Little ones have been working on present here for about a week, and they've been hiding, too :)!

Joy said...

Haha... Katie and Emily have finished whatever they're doing, but now Nathan has taken both the little girls into his room and they're working on something for our parents! I should probably go help them, after I finish my own Christmas blog post!... I hope you get all your presents done on time!! I'm planning to buy several this year, as well.