Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saturday: Day three of the trip

The next morning we headed out of the hotel at about 8:30 a.m., for the next session. That was a bit early for us (we're more night owls), but we made it :).
It was wonderful, the Maxwell family is so sweet, and the sessions were a wonderful blessing :)! Tori, Bethi and I went to the girls and youth sessions, Andrew, Daddy and Abbi stayed together, and then Mommy took Emmi. Mommy and Daddy had to keep moving from room to room, but we girls got to stay in the same two rooms, two sessions per room :). We almost didn't go to Sarah's "Experiencing the Joy of Young Womanhood" session, because we do have that session on CD, but I was so glad that we decided to go anyway, because although the same principles for the session were kept, the illustrations and insights she used to share were totally different :)!
We had a break at about eleven o'clock for lunch after two sessions, then the other two were held after lunch. While there, I talked to one girl who said her family had been down at river street the day before at the same time we were. I had seen their fifteen passenger, but hadn't thought about it being anyone at the conference. There were also three other families staying at the hotel we were at that were there for the conference. Also, would you believe that one of Daddy's costumers, who comes into his store (Family Christian Stores) on her way by to see family, was there? It was really funny, he can't go ANYWHERE without meeting someone who shops at his store!
Mommy had asked me to make some bookmark of couple weeks before our trip, but wouldn't tell me who they were for. It was so neat to have something to give the Maxwell ladies, who had never even heard of tatting, I love telling people how I made a tatted item and then getting to tell them what tatting is :).
Miss Sarah signed our Moody books, which was really neat. As she was signing them she mentioned the fact that they looked "well read" haha...
After the conference was wrapped up, we headed back to the beach for a few more pictures, more shells, and some more water fun :).

Miss Sarah Maxwell and us five older children :).

When we got back to the hotel, we found Abbi's puppy dogs
tucked in bed, where she had left them, but you could tell
that the beds had been made and the room had been cleaned.
We had to wonder what the maids thought about those dogs,
but
it appears they thought it was cute :).
That pink and orange thing isn't a dog,
it is a Dr. Seuss book
character, which Abbi calls a monkey!


Emmi first feels the sand on her toes.
It was too cold the first night.


Not so sure about the water... :)


Heehee :)!

I'm not sure what Emmi was doing, but it's cute!

Baby footprints in the sand... LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! The conference sounds wonderful. I wish we could have been there. Our Moody Family books are also very well-read, haha!

I love the beach pictures, and also you and your sisters' coordinating outfits.

All right... off to post on my own blog. I decided I had time to put something up before dinner, only to log on and find that you had just posted... and of course I wanted to read it right away! :)

Unknown said...

by well read, do you mean that *looks* well read, or just they are greatly enjoyed? It happens to be both here... When we first got the books, we weren't the most gentle readers, haha...
Thank you!
I'm sorry I'm such a hinder to your blog... maybe I should stop posting so that I have more of your delightful posts to read ;).

Joy said...

Both here, too :)

Oh, no, that's fine!! :) But if you don't mind me asking, when did you put up this post? When I was on around 6 PM last night, on my Favorite Blogs gadget, it said you had posted three hours before... but on my dashboard it said you had posted five minutes ago. I've always had a suspicion the time on my posts wasn't right...

Well... back to school. :/

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what time I put it up... We can do some investigation with the next one :). I think one of our blog times might be off, but it could be mine sending the wrong time to your blog, but I don't know... I have noticed before that I have posted something, and gone right to your blog and it has told me I posted two hours ago, so I don't know which of us needs to change their time!