Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring time...

I love spring time! I don't know that it is my favorite season... it is until another comes :). Fall and spring may be just a little tiny bit above summer and winter, but that may change once we live somewhere were the summer is cooler and the winter has some snow... and I never can really make up my mind anyway. But I do love spring regardless :). 


There are a (few ;)...) cool days. The grass starts turning green again (hey, I like mowing, too :). I'm just not sure if I will like it as much without Daddy to troubleshoot the mower, heehee :)...).  I love gardening. watering, and weeding. I love watching the flowers open, taking the little ones outside to play more often then in the winter months, finding the first butterfly of the year, and taking our first spring trip to the zoo, when we go all out and visit the Riverbanks gardens, too :) (that will be one of the things that we'll have to find a substitute for in Virginia!). I like drying flowers, to use for cards or trade with a friend :). I just really enjoy spring :).


We put in a new pansy garden down by the fence a couple weeks ago. Daddy told us to how to lay them out, and then let us older three girls go at it while he and Andrew grilled some hamburgers :). We had so much fun, and I think it looks pretty with the fence that we worked so long on last summer. That fence was on our list of improvements to make since we moved in three years ago. We finished it just in time to learn we were moving, haha :).


Tori and I put in the leftover pansy plants in the garden by the porch a few days later. Daddy had given us some pointers on how to lay this one out, but couldn't really tell us exactly how to place them, as there were some dead plants that needed to come out before we could really arrange it. I hope he likes it... (I hate making decisions about another person's property :P.)


We won't be doing too much gardening this year, since we're hoping we won't be here for much longer, but we'll still be able to do many of the other outdoors activities that we love so much, that we are greatly looking forward to doing soon... because it's spring :)! The pansies haven't died yet (oh, did I mention that was a worry of mine? Haha... can you tell I've never planted a garden from start to finish without Daddy before ;)?), new plants (okay... weeds) are coming up in the yard, the daffodils (one of my two favorite spring time flowers, the other being jasmine) bloomed a couple weeks ago, Tori saw a bunny the other day (so begins her summer ritual of calling me from the kitchen or library at about four o'clock in the afternoon "Bri! Get your shoes on! I see about four rabbits! You go out the back, I'll go out the front.". For background, Daddy told her if she ever caught a bunny, we could have a pet bunny. Heeheehee ;)...)...

They are easier to draw then get pictures of, haha.
Maybe I should gift wrap this for Tori ;).


Have a happy spring!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this post!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Gramma!