Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

We've been very busy lately...

I've wanted to blog about many things that have happened during this busy time, but... it has been a busy time :). (Tori just walked into the room and told me that I had posted only two days ago, so I think I should clarify. It isn't that I haven't had time to post, just that I haven't had the time to post recent happenings between trip posts and Thankful Thursdays :). Look for a mega Thankful Thursday post in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow!... And just remember, I said look, not read. I'll do my best :)!)
Before I go any farther, I want to share a tidbit about the "daily" bible passage on my side bar. Has anybody noticed that feature? It isn't quite daily, but I do update it every time I visit my blog page.
There are different ways I decide what chapter to post/book to work through next. I may read a chapter during my bible reading and want to share it's truths, Daddy may have picked that book to read during family bible time, or I may just make an impromptu decision to use a certain book or Psalm. I may also use the "Proverb of the day". Isn't it wonderful that God isn't one to say "all rights reserved" when it comes to his book :)? Anyway, the book we're working on now in church is Philippians. I'm also memorizing that book at the moment. And, that book has four chapters in it, the same number of days until Saturday, when Daddy will get home for Thanksgiving weekend!!! I thought a bible passage count-down of the days would be fun :)...
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving next Monday since Daddy will be home then- we're very thankful that he will make it home for that, since something he said a few days ago lead us to believe he wasn't going to be home for weeks!
As far as good news in the progress we've made on getting the house ready, we have only two more rooms to paint, after we complete the de-cluttering we're working on at the moment. Then we have the garage to clean ;)... And, all the the rooms that are painted are put back to rights. Of course we hung the curtains back up and put the electric covers back on, why would you ask? What? Why would you think that we had a grand old time laughing at all the things that happened during that process? No, nothing of the sort... all right, all right, I admit it.... I might tell you a little bit about our backwards switch plates and mutiny-desiring curtain rods sometime...
All this about packing leads me to the fact that I need to start Christmas presents, so that I can put the supplies I need for that up, along with the rest that we hope to have packed up before then. Anybody ready for that to start? I know I talked about Christmas a lot last year once I had started Christmas prep in ...October, I think it was ;). And cut it closely, if I remember correctly. But not as closely as the time I finished Christmas morning...
Some odd random bits...
We had to pick up some more paint last Friday, and we ended up getting the wrong kind, so had to go back the next day. As we were driving we hit a construction site... and Mommy called out "The road is lost!!!" Haha, seriously, it appears they bought a road and tore it up!!! Thankfully she found an alternative way to Lowes :).
Emmi was laying in bed with me the other day, and she told me that her "Veggietales" Larry stuffed toy was "dyed". I knew she meant "dried", but it sounded like "died". I decided to tease her a bit, and said "Larry died?! How sad!" She answered me, "No!!! You're silly!... I said dyed, not died!!!"
And, as my last bit of news to share with you all right now... would you consider praying for little Peter? He is very sick at the moment. Nobody else has caught it so far, so we're not sure if it is teething related of what, but little baby is feverish and miserable :(.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love you guys-- hugs and kisses to ALL-- I hope by the time you are reading this - lil man is feeling better!!

Kaitlyn said...

Sounds like y'all are busy!!
We will be praying for little Peter! :(

Unknown said...

Gramma~ Love you too :)! He is doing much better, and it is definitely teething. He is still a bit cranky, though ;)...
Kaitlyn~ Thanks!!!I've been meaning to message you, but when I did start one, it was erased :(... I'll try again after Daddy leaves again, he gets home tomorrow!!!

Tori (n.s.i.) said...

BACKWARDS SWITCH PLATES!????!!!!
And bwahahahaha to stuff falling on Mommy...

Unknown said...

That sounds highly evil and un-daughterly if you don't know the whole story... I need to get that up quickly, haha...