Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday (and can you tell that we've finally seen a sign of fall?)

This week I'm thankful for...
~Bible time outside.
~Spiced oatmeal.
~Cool weather.
~Gingersnap cookies.
~Hot drinks.
~Cheese and Potato soup, with oyster crackers after doing...
~...Garden work.
~The weed free garden beds (other than the 1/3 that we can't touch... )
~A mowed yard.
~Sweaters (more for enjoyment then from being too cold. I was out the next day in flip flops, but it was just cool enough that I thought I was more likely to stay outside for two hours with one, and I love sweaters :)).
~Colored leaves.
~That Math-U-See seems to be working. On the other hand, I am waiting for it to get hard, this is just odd. I know that I have already kind of, sort of, learned the stuff I'm working with (while using SOS, I was mostly "reviewing" stuff that I was supposed to already know- if I had been using their program the year before. But that was our first year using it, so Daddy had to help me a LOT ;P...) but... about 80 minutes to do a whole 7-part lesson, with about twenty problems each part, one time? This might not sound amazing to a math whiz, but I am not one of those math geniuses, so this is a big deal for me ;). I'm scared ;)... We'll see once I get to totally new stuff, I guess!!
~Sewing fun. Guess what? I have fallen in love with sewing!!! I didn't think it would happen, but I have! Thanks to the fixed machine and the fact that I kind of know what I'm doing now, I have enjoyed myself so much! Mommy and I altered two skirts, finish a nightgown for Abbi, and made matching nightgowns for the little girls the other day (although they were cut out the day before). It was fun, even though I did forget a few steps that had to be done after I thought I was done, haha...
~"Finding treasure" (Andrew's description of GEO-caching) with our Grandpa.
~Staying up late with Tori, my Mom, and my Aunts.
~Lots of crafting to look forward to! After a project I really should get working on, I have Christmas presents, and I really should finish the basket/jars covers I started forever ago to make all my crafting containers match ;).
~Free yarn. This has come in handy for lots of things, especially small amigurami projects. (And, by the way, amigurami is like the best stash-buster-technique ever when you need to clear room for large balls for an up coming project, especially since it is fun, haha!)
~Trips to the museum.
~Seeing a piece of the moon at the museum!
~Getting to touch a meteorite.
~That Daddy gets to come home for a few days tomorrow!!!

"I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving."
~Psalm 69:30

No comments: