Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thankful Friday

This week I'm thankful for...
~Daddy's visit home last week.
~Our trip to the zoo.
~Getting to feed the birds while there- that was the best time we have ever had feeding the birds! I promise I will work on that post soon, but life is a little busy right now :). It has been good busy, though :).
~The great fun outing we had yesterday-
~-we went to Ckick-fill-a, where we had great food and the little ones got to play.
~-Then we went to Hobby Lobby. We had a wonderful time...
~...looking at fabric...
~...picking buttons...
~...finding yarn...
~...and looking through Christmas ornaments.
Then we went to Target, Walmart, and Food Lion, where we got food for our pantry, pjs for Andrew, and shoes for Tori and I (along with a "big-girl" travel cup for Abbi,
a ball for Emmi, books for Bethi and Andrew, Peter's first toothbrush, etc. :)). We also got some kitchen towels as the finishing touch to a sewing project we have coming up, which is why we went to Hobby Lobby :). I'll post more on that later :).
~The meal Mrs. Ann sent over this morning.
~Our awesome apple peeler!
~Lots of apples.
~A large kitchen, busy with making...
~...applesauce...
~...apple chips...
~...apple pie filling...
~...and apple butter.
And,
last but not least,
the fact that...
~We now know where we will be moving!
We have thought for years of moving to Virginia.
And now, we're 99.99% sure that in a few months, maybe less, that's where we'll be living!!! daddy meets with the DM next Friday to finish all the details. After that, it appears that his twelve week training is over, and he only left the first of this month- how NEAT is THAT?! It is more than neat... this whole thing- Daddy loosing his job, staying home for two and a half months, then joining with Lifeway, and now our upcoming move- has obviously been planned- orchestrated- designed- by a wonderful director. I wonder who that could be?!
Thank you so much, dear Jesus, master designer, for your hand in our lives and this story you are working! May you receive all the glory!!!

"Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!"
~Psalm 66:3

4 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Your moving to Virginia?! We (the Milliken clan) are so happy for y'all! :) But we will miss you!!! :( That's so far away!

Unknown said...

Yes! We are sooo excited, that was very high on everybody's list :)! As in #1 for most ;). I couldn't decide between Virgina or Tennessee at first, but I *LOVE* VA, so I'm happy with that. I really only kind of wanted Tennessee because we "know" lot of people who have blessed us there, Mrs. Nancy Campbell and some film makers, etc. I'm glad we're going somewhere were I already know I love the state :). plus, that is where our family motto, "Be a llama", came from :)...
Thank you for rejoicing with us! We''l miss you to, but I think we plan on visiting SC a couple times a year if possible :). It might not happen that often, but we want to try :). It's not quite as far as it seems, about six hours :P...

Kaitlyn said...

Well, if you would learn to drive then you could come see us whenever you wanted!! ;)

Unknown said...

I already made my opinions on driving by myself, or with the younger ones alone, clear, right ;)? And the fact that that just leaves Mommy and Daddy coming along? And that, at that point, I don't have to drive? LOl :). I wonder what VA driving laws are?