Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Unplanned post: Cats




I wasn't planning this post when I told you all what posts to look for, but last Thursday we had this Mother cat with her three kittens show up on our deck. They are adorable :). They are not exactly living on our deck, but they do keep visiting. There is no way we could keep them (Daddy and Andrew are allergic to cats, and Bethi is also more mildly allergic), but it is fun to watch them when they are around.
Tori has since named the Mother "Clarabelle' (shortened to "Belle", as I seriously could not say "Clarabelle" without think of a cow, lol...) and the gray one she called "Bamboo". Yes, I know, once you name it you start getting attached to it. Which is why I waited for Tori to do it ;). The black ones are not named yet... well, nothing more than "first black kitten"and "second black kitten". (When Mother showed up with these six week old kittens, she only had two, but she ended up being, I guess, reunited with the other black one by the end of the day?). It was cute watching Belle and Bamboo playing leap frog Sunday morning :). Although, I personally love how she sends them outside to play while she sits on our deck steps and watches them... right after bath time :)!
*All the items on the picnic table are things that Daddy was using to make a plague for the living room. I'll have to get a picture, it is beautiful :)!

P.S.... On a sadder note, my Aunt's cat, Rugby, mentioned in my "Artisphere" post, although announced healthy, past away a couple weeks ago. She was a sweet, shy cat (even when we kept her awake until three o'clock in the morning last August (Aunt Amber said "It's bad when your CAT has bags under her eyes!")) and we will miss playing with her.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Your blog is starting to closely resemble mine, haha... :D They're adorable! I need to see if I can get some pictures of our cats; the current group is very skittish. I love the new fonts on your blog!

Allyson said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, I am so sorry about your Aunt's cat:(

Unknown said...

Haha, that's funny :)! And I would love to see pictures!
Thanks! I had fun finding some that I liked better than my old ones, maybe it will help me post more often... haha, probably not ;)...