Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Promised piano post

On the nineteenth of last month, Daddy called some men and asked if they would be able to help us move a piano. One of Daddy's employees was selling hers, and Daddy had bought it :)!
We've been keeping a space open for the piano since we moved here. At least, during the summer months. During winter we move stuff around in the living room due to the Christmas tree, which we still don't know what we'll do with next November ;).
But, we are just thankful to the three men who gave up their time to help us move this HEAVY piano :)!!!
As soon as it is tuned, hopefully we'll get more into piano lessons. I really would love to play, but I have a hard time getting far before I let lessons slide again. Hopefully having more than a keyboard will help me stay motivated ;).
This piano is  95-years-old, which is really neat :). And, in this picture, you will also see Mommy's 75-year-old secretary desk. Mommy and I like old things- we went antique shopping on my birthday :). 


Emmi likes the piano too :).


4 comments:

Allyson said...

How neat! I can sort of play the piano ("Chopsticks", haha), I would love to play more! Joy plays beautifully, I don't remember if she ever posted about that or not. I love antique shopping too!!

Allyson said...

How neat! I can sort of play the piano ("Chopsticks", haha)... I'd love to be able to play more someday soon. (we don't have a piano though) Joy plays beautifully! I love antique shopping too, haha... :-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would love to but can't ;).
I think I've heard that Joy enjoyed the piano, but I've never heard her play... you should post a video Joy!
I love antigues :)...

Unknown said...

Sorry, *antiques*. Wrong key... I need to stop, I'm not good on this keyboard today...