Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We own a violin!

On Sunday we went to visit my Grandparents, and my Aunts. We had a wonderful time visiting with them (Mommy, Aunt Amber, Aunt Tessa, Tori and I spent a bit of the time we were there playing ONE game of "Uno" that lasted over TWO hours!!! )
While we were there, my Aunt surprised us by giving us her violin! She got it a while back, and we had so much fun laughing at how none of us could play it at first! But since the last time we were over there, Aunt Tessa had had it tuned. That makes a big difference in the sound of a violin, let me tell you!!!
I've wanted to learn how to play the violin/ fiddle for quite a while (the only difference between the two is their interchangeable bridges). I was really excited when she told us it was she was giving it to us! We need a new "E" string (heehee... someone popped that string while we were still at my Grandparents!) and then it will need re-tuned (due to the missing string) and then we'll be able to start learning how to play it!
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

No comments: