Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh the joys of hand-crafting...

And this time I mean it!!!
Compared to the last two projects (headbands with stars and gathering a tiered dress, which we got several good laughs out of) the next two projects I worked on were very enjoyable!
First I worked on a little pincushion- in the shape of a teacup! The pattern, off of Lion Brand's website, is called "Amigurumi Tea Cup Pincushion". I thought the pincushion was cute, a friend who loves to sew had a birthday coming up, and the pattern didn't look too complicated! So, I decided to try it! Well, it wasn't complicated, even with the changes I made! I added a saucer to mine, and took some shortcuts (I crochet the tea into the cup so I didn't have to sew it in, my least favorite part when crocheting or knitting!), and loved how it turned out!
Then I tatted a little bookmark, only having to take out small parts of the work twice- a big thing for me in tatting! I'm almost as good at messing up in tatting as sewing, it just takes less time to fix most of the time. Much better than last weeks projects!!!
Now I have a tag blanket to make for Abbi's birthday (so that I can re-claim the one that I made for me a few years ago. She loves that thing!). Good news is, I've already made two, and those things are fool proof! At least, I think so... I hope so... watch this one prove me wrong, haha!

No comments: