Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Blueberry picking!

Yesterday, we went blueberry picking! This is something we have enjoyed doing for the last four years. We love getting to do it, and the berries are fresher and so much cheaper when you pick them yourselves!


Emmi wore her little blueberry dress (she wore her strawberry dress to go strawberry picking in, too) and carried her own little berry pail, although she ate FAR more than she picked. She got free hand-outs from all pickers! I think she picked ONE (blue one, anyway. She picked more green ones then that) to eat!










Abbi started out carrying her own pail, but she ended by carrying mine. I filled a pail, set it in the stroller, and picked up another pail. Filled that pail, put it in the stroller... and found my first pail was half empty. I re-filled my first pail, put it in the stroller... and found an empty pail in the stroller in place of my full pail!!! Abbi is the only one who can reach in the stroller that would be to lazy to pick their own... She did this when we went strawberry picking, too. I got my basket half full, THEN she tasted one. My basket didn't fill up past half way for the next fifteen minutes... that is, until I firmly told her she had to work for what she ate, heehee. It's a good thing I like picking berries...


Tori's pail would have filled up quicker then it did, but she let somebody eat one of her's for every four she picked!


Bethi and Andrew really enjoyed themselves, too. Bethi waited until her pail was full to eat any... Andrew, on the other hand, ate half of what he picked! 





Don't worry, Miss Judy, who owns the blueberry farm (it is a family owned business), has said before that the berries are there to be eaten, and we don't have to pay for them of they aren't in the pail when we pay! Thanks, Miss Judy!









No comments: