Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"The Bishop's Shadow" by I. T. Thurston

A friend from Canada gave this book to us, I LOVE it!!! It's so good, I give it an 11 out of 10, haha!
This book is a non-fiction book about a little street boy, and has snippets of the life of Phillips Brooks, the Author of "O Little Town of Bethlehem", woven into it.
Thirteen year old Tode Bryan is a big time thief, liar, and swearer*. Through the united influence of a sick baby, a young girl, a Bishop, and a Sunday school teacher, Tode is saved by the Mighty Grace of God.
Through extremely trying circumstances, Tode tries to find and fix the life of a sixteen year old boy he has made feel as if his life is ruined, and make himself good enough to be at least like "A shadow" of his beloved Bishop.
My whole family loved this book, from my four year old brother, to my Dad. This book is a great family book, and really keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next!
There is a sequel to this book, "Theo, The Big Brother".
*(No words used: in their place are things like 'Tode uttered an oath', etc.)

No comments: