Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dinner is served...

Daddy and Mommy celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary on the 3d (Miss Brenda, one of Daddy's employees, one of our "adopted Grandmas", came to babysit so they could have an afternoon together. She totally made Abbi's day by ordering pizza, heehee :)!). While Daddy and Mommy were out, they stopped at Hobby Lobby. They came back with several plaques for our walls, and, it seems, one other one that they don't plan on hanging up. It was this one...




They bought it for me. Yes, I have a habit of setting the smoke alarms off when making french fries. Especially when I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches to go with them. For one thing, our smoke alarms hate the smell of potatoes (no, really! We can open the oven after the potatoes have cooked for fifteen minutes. Now, all we're doing is stirring the fries... they still have a good 45 minutes to go! They are still next door to raw... and those alarms go off! It is so strange!). For another thing... I do have a habit of burning the grilled cheese sandwiches (you want a tip on how to "repair" burnt-black grilled cheese sandwiches? Often the outer part is the only part that is totally intolerable. I've found it works great to use a cheese grater to get the top layer grated off if you are out of time, LOL...).
They planned on giving it to me for my hope chest on my birthday. But after I made muffins the next morning and forgot ALL FOUR EGGS... And then was having problems with our wheat grinder... and forgot the timer... and had to wait for more pumpkin to defrost... and so many other little things that caused our breakfast to be eaten at about 11:45... (Three hours after I started...)... They thought it was too good a joke to keep any longer.
Haha! All in good fun... Although there is a bit of truth in it for some meals. I don't think anybody wants to come over for grilled cheese sandwiches and fries ;)!... or pumpkin muffins ;)...

No comments: