Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Just a bit of my time in the kitchen on Saturday

I usually make the bread for our family right now. On Saturday, I got in the kitchen, ready to make light and fluffy, deep brown, hopefully perfect, bread. We were having company over the next day, and it had to at least be pleasantly edible.
Ha. That worked. Not. Anybody want a 6 pound brick of bread?
I forgot the yeast.
So, I had to make more. So, I mixed it up. Yeast? Check. Salt (which I almost forgot in the first batch)? Check. Milk (which I almost forgot in the second batch)? Check. That's all I usually forget, and it looked like I had everything else.
I set the timer, and left. Surely this time it was right.
I should have stayed and watched it knead a bit. After fifteen minutes, it looked like brown sugar.
I must have forgot the water. (That I thought I remembered putting in.) But that was the only thing that I didn't really remember pouring, so it had to be that.
So we put all three cups of water in. And more flour. Lots of it. Because it seems that I had put water in, just one instead of three cups.
At least this batch rose...
The last batch did taste fine, but Mommy and Daddy had sooooo much fun teasing me about the first batch (I'll admit, the jokes were kinda funny. Like the one about me "wanting to create an object lesson. After all, Jesus is both the "Bread of Life" and the "Rock of Refuge". That bread was certainly part rock...).
It is kind of funny... but it wasn't then!!!
And Tori had great fun laughing at me about something else in the kitchen that day, too.

"Yes, Tori, I want the steam cleaner insert to make millet for
breakfast tomorrow.
Why do you look like this is unheard of?
We do it every week, remember?
Yes, really, the STEAM...
Uh... ya... the pressure cooker insert. Sorry..."


Haha :)!...

No comments: