Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

To God be the Glory

To God be the glory—great things He hath done!
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life-gate that all may go in.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory—great things He hath done!

O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood!
To ev’ry believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.
Fanny Jane Crosby
(1820–1915)

Our hymn of the week! This one is Emmi's favorite (at least, favorite one that isn't a Christmas song ;).). It is soooo precious to hear her little voice singing this song :)!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, that's one of my very favorite songs!! :)

How are you all doing? Everyone's doing fine in GA... mainly :/ I had a sinus infection back at Christmas but didn't know it. I've had a bad cough ever since then; we went to the doctor two days ago, and now I have to take cough syrup, inch-long antibiatoc (I know I spelled that wrong) pills, and nose spray multiple times a day for ten days. Yuck! :/

Unknown said...

Yes, Mommy has looked forward to hearing little voices singing this song since the first time we made this our song of the week- back when Abbi was around three months old!!! Abbi didn't start talking until she was about two, and didn't talk often until she was about two and a half, but Emmi is already talking "the hind leg off a mule" ;). It is quite fun... Abbi and her are just about as understandable as each other right now, which is really funny :).
That doesn't sound like fun AT ALL!!! I'm so sorry :(!
We are all doing fine now. We had colds about two weeks ago, but everybody is now fine. Some of us did have a throat infection during the cold, but nothing bad come of it to anybody, unless you count me being silly enough to eat a banana pepper during my infection, lol!... That was the first banana pepper I had had in about two years, and although I learned that I do like the taste now, I also learned you don't eat them with a throat infection ;)!