Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My (very late) Independence Day post

Well, We were all just hoping that it would stop raining on the last day of June, because that is the day that the lake we watch fireworks at had decided to set fireworks off. Well I must say it did or I might not be writing this post! We left and had a delightful time especially at the lake and even in the car. It wasn't too hot, and we listened to songs of America. Well, it could have been better if only a spider hadn't made his home right where we sat. Daddy had to move him with a stick, and then we girls worried that he'd come back (I so wish I was better with bugs!).
On Independence Day, mother read what I quoted in my last post and right after I posted that I started to fix waters. No, there weren't any more fireworks at the lake, but we were going somewhere to see fireworks :).
Well, we went to Carolina Dreaming to eat, along with some of Daddy's employees, and really enjoyed it!
Then, we went to the house of one of Daddy's employees and Daddy set off fireworks! He got some really good ones too! And one of the nice things is that we didn't have to pay a thing to get the fireworks even though Daddy picked them out! You see, Daddy's store won a lot of money last year for a store party and they still hadn't gotten to use it, so they used it to have an Independence Day party! All in all everyone had a pretty good day!
We had our last celebration by ourselves. It wasn't long but like the others, it was fun! We did some sparklers,and a few fireworks, and then... homemade ICE CREAM! This is an every year thing. The ice cream and sparklers are really the only thing that doesn't change. We always have chocolate ice cream in tiny cones. The rest Daddy might get something different then last year, but these stay the same every year since we got our ice cream maker.
I hope you had a good day too!

No comments: