Faith. Family. Friends. Love. Home life... so fun!

Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth of July

I just wanted to share a few things my Mother just read to us out of the Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident,

that all men are created equal......We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America...

appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world... do

...Publish and declare, That these United Colonies are...

Free and independent States...And for the

support of this Declaration,

with a firm Reliance on the Protection of divine Providence, we...

pledge to each other our lifes, Our fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

........................................................................................

And a quote from George Washington when he took his leave from his post in war:

"As my last official duty, I want to commend the interests of our dear country to the protection of Almighty God. I now take my leave."

........................................................................................

And some say that we were never a Christian nation?

I'll post our Fourth of July tomorrow ;).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bri! How are you? Looks like Andrew was enjoying his muffin...Brodie eats quite messily. ;-)

Love,

~Brianna

www.xanga.com/HeritageStitchery

futurekeeper said...

Thank you so much for the comment Brianna! He did enjoy his muffin! It may not look like it, but he really did make quite a bit of mess. It was just mainly in his chair ;). I've seen pictures of Brodie. He is very cute! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment. Thank you again for the comment you left!

Bye for now,

Bri